Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So after moving into our house and having fun decorating the upstair(which is not finished yet) it's time to tackle the basement. Why? Because I am going to turn it into my pilates/yoga/personal training studio. I have been acquiring pilates equipment, and the first room I painted when we moved in was the room the reformer went into. I'd love to get up and running with my own business, but since the walls are panel board and the floor will eventually need replaced I haven't done much to decorate. The room has also been the favorite place for boxes that need unpacked. I have now realized that it is going to be a long time before we sheetrock the walls and pick out new flooring. So I am going to paint the panel board for now. I want it to feel warm and relaxing. I found a small can of Laura Ashley paint in the garage that was left from the previous owners. It is a dark sage green and I tested it out on one of the smaller walls. I absolutely loved it! Hopefully I can take it in and get the color matched because I'm sure it was pretty old. I also need to purchase new window treatments. That alone should make it look tons better. Well I'm off to clear some boxes out of there and make way for yoga mats.

No comments: