Monday, September 22, 2008

Here is what I'm having for lunch!




Flipping through my Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine I came a across a recipe for French Onion soup. Only 5 ingredients....well almost. I think I will cut the recipe in half since I'm not sure if leftovers would be good.
Ingredients:
1 large onion(good for you)
1/2 cup dry red wine(good for the heart)
14.5 oz beef broth(low cal and low fat)
1 cup croutons(splurge...but I'm sure you could find a healthy version)
2 slices swiss cheese(I bought some that we're 60 calories a slice)

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.

Add onions and cook about 15 minutes. Then add wine and bring to a boil. Add beef broth, and turn heat to low then simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide into two bowls top each with 1/2 cup croutons and 1 slice of cheese. Place bowls on baking sheet and place under broiler approx 1 minute.

I'm off to the kitchen. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did it taste? was it delicious?

Pilates Hottie said...

It was absolutely delicous! I'll definately make it again.