Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm not broken!

Today I finally got in to see the Dr. for a follow-up about my foot/ankle. I have been experiencing pain, numbness, and tingling in my foot since oh about April or May....I'm not really sure. I was told it was a sprain, but I've sprained my ankle before and it didn't quite feel like this.
The diagnosis today was that I have inflamed ligaments and possibly a pinched nerve(I'm pretty sure it's a pinched nerve). At least since I got the x-ray and don't have a fracture or break my chiropractor can adjust it now. I'm hoping that can help with the nerve! I'm also going to try acupuncture here pretty soon for this and a few other reasons too. I'll write more about that once I experience the needles...yikes! Actually they are really tiny I saw one the other day and I've heard great things about acupuncture.
So I am suppose to rest my foot(that is the hardest part) and take anti-inflammatories. I will admit that I was stressing about getting this looked at. What if it was fractured? I wouldn't' be able to workout..........oh my gosh! I might gain weight! I was quite relieved.......even though I'm not sure if that prompted me to go run a marathon because I could. But wait don't I want to have a hot little "Pilates body". Ok so now I'm feeling the need to drag myself through some extra exercises:)
As you can see I still struggle with keeping exercise and weight related thoughts realistic. All in all working towards moderation is a great thing; but one that I will do with much perseverance.

No comments: