Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes

Here is a new recipe for you to try. Compliments of the lovely nutritionist I work with. I made a double batch and individually froze them. That way I can just pop them in the toaster in the morning! Less dishes:) I'm stoked.

I used Arrowhead Mills Organic Buckwheat Pancake and Waffle Mix and follow the recipe on the back. In addition to those ingredients I also added
  • 1tsp ground flax seed (your body can't breakdown the whole flax seed) per pancake
  • 1tsp wheat germ per pancake- so one batch makes 5 pancakes=5tsp
  • 2tsp vanilla
  • Spices to taste such as Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, grated orange zest, etc
  • blueberries 1/2 cup to 1 cup-I just eyeball it(thanks RR)

With all the added goodies about 300 calories per serving (2 pancakes) approx 9 g of protein and fiber. As well as a great source of calcium, iron, and B vitamins, etc! Of course depending what you add this could all change a bit

No comments: