Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Blog

Yay my first blog! I've been wanting to do this for awhile, and didn't realize how easy it would be. That is until I saw an article in a magazine suggesting blogger.com It's fabulous and super easy! Also one of my favorite blogs and my first inspiration is www.backinskinnyjeans.com
I am a pilates instructor among many fitness related tools I have under my belt. I love pilates! and you should too! I didn't always, not until I found out what it was. It is definately one of the best and funnest workouts I have ever had.
Basically in a nutshell you learn how to use your abdominal muscles-aka your "powerhouse" and you learn how to utilize them in everything you do. I'd always done crunches and such, but how boring:) Pilates is so much more fun and I saw great results from it.
I realized yesterday after talking with one of my clients that being happy or satisfied with yourself is not how you look but how you feel. Well I guess I prob have thought about that before too. But basically she said if only I was like you if I had started working out when I was your age I wouldn't be like this. Or you are so skinny....that always throws me off. You know why because just like you I struggle with accepting that I am good enough, skinny enough etc. In my mind I know I could be in better shape, tell myself I should be in better shape. It's when I realize that I am now the person that I used to look at and wish I could be her-the girl with the perfect body. But I don't think I have the perfect body, sometimes wonder if I ever will. I do believe that I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I look differently to other people than I do to myself, but we prob all do. Throughout my career as a fitness professional I am more and more emphasizing to everyone I meet that "fitness" is not a shape it's a level of activity, and being healthy is different than being skinny! My goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle while still enjoying life and having fun! It's all about learning to love yourself!

No comments: